Windows firewall question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I want to know how important it is for some of these to be in the exceptions list of my firewall. One I am not even sure what it is (C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe). Here is the list of exceptions I just found in the list.
avginet.exe
bonjour
file and printer sharing- off
internet explorer
itune
microsoft directplay voice test
remote assistance
remote desktop
run a DLL as an App
UPnP framework
Windows Media Player
Yahoo!FT Server
Yahoo!Messenger

The list of exceptions is going to be different for every person. It all depends on what you want to have running and what you want to have access to the internet. The best thing to do is google what you have as an exception and see if it is soemthing that you want to have acces to the internet. We can give you a definate answer unless it is spyware/virus. The rest is user preference.
From my research i have found that bonjour is a apple service. Something to do with iTunes.
Avg is antivirus
run dll as app is something i would check. It can be a spyware app and i think you should run Spybot to check it out. the rest are personal preferences. I dont see nothign wrong with them. I would suggest that you remove the Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance. Unless you actually want someone to connect to your PC these are absolutely pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom