Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing service not working - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing service not working

not really where to post this question but i think i put it here for now

okay this is wat happened i have networked 2 computers with a crossover cable and internet shared them. it worked fine until now.

when i start up the comps the network starts and stuff, but on the xp (comp with internet) starts up it says windows firewall down stuff and says start service and i say yes but it doesnt i just leave it and go on the net and the other comp win. 95 cannot go on the net.

so i go manually and enable it in the admin tools and i discover the firwall service it really the 'Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)' so i try enabling it but no it wont work.

some site said something with severice pack 2 and another said it was to do with it conflicting with NAT or something

please give me some advice

Old 05-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

the firewall must be OFF when your networking. Otherwise, the firewall will think its a hacking attempt and block the other pc.
Closed Thread