Windows File naming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheElise

Baseband Member
Hi,

A weird question but here we go?

Is there a way to get windows to specifically name files on the time they were created?

For example. if i add my camera to my pc and set it to take pictures every 5 seconds directly to the HDD, can i get windows to name the files like this

"pictree 13:00:00"
"pictree 13:00:05"
"pictree 13:00:10"
etc etc

there will be no additional software installed just a camera and a usb. I can go in fter word and rename them manually but if i take 5000 pics and have to ranme each one individually by checking the time/date created this may take some time. So is there anyway to get windows to have a rule for that or all files and folders to take this naming convention?

or is ther a program that, after i have taken 5000 pics will interagate the time created stamp and then add the time created into the file name for all the files.

Any help?

Go to the directory you are moving them too. Up top where the File and all that is there is a view button. Click on that and chose Details. You will see all deatils of the files. Date, Time, Name and such. I dont know if this is what you aer looking for but that is the only method i know to see time and date stamps on files.

sorry,

maby my question is not phrased corrrectly. The view detials is fine but i require the file to be saved with time and date it was vreated in the actual file name.

pictree 13:00:00.jpg
pictree 13:00:05.jpg
pictree 13:00:10.jpg

and so on

Rename Master

It's free. :)

Advanced renaming features include adding, removing from the original file name, replacing characters (name or extension) and support for several meta variables, that allow you to perform renaming based on the files size, date and several other criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom