windows file folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you open the files using Arcsoft? I have that software also and it defaults to that file extension when you save pictures. You have to change the file type every time you save anything. Install the program and see if it works. If so, save all of them with a .jpg or whatever format you prefer. Arcsoft will give you a pop up with a warning about changing the file type, but I have never had a problem. Test on a few first before going all out.

this is what I was going to say next

i'm guessing it's arcsoft and not nero, did a lookup of *.phb file type
File Extension .PHB Details
Media manager : ArcSoft PhotoBase Deluxe Your virtual multimedia organizer and slide show maker.

I downloaded and read some of the manual for Arcsoft photobase...and I fear all that was saved was a dbase of file locations, ie., shortcuts.

EDIT: rereading your post, I actually think you are fine. I thought a computer was wiped and that image data was lost. Then it seems you can access photos but not this one file. So it seems all photos (assuming) were saved successfully, including the arcsoft album format. Which the arcsoft program just uses to sort and keep track. That would be useless data to you and only usable by arcsoft.

only my 1st guess for now ;)

I really do appreciate ya'll trying so hard to help me. Thank you so much.
I installed his arcsoft on my computer, copied and pasted this one folder to my computer. Arcsoft will not open it. The phb is an actual windows folder not a picture. The folder was changed to a .phb and so far nothing including arcsoft photobase will open it. I need to change the folder back to my photo album File Folder to be able to access the pictures inside it. I tried to open it with explorer, photo impressions, photobase, downloaded Treeview and another program that is supposed to open phb files. Problem I think is that this wasn't a file or data file but an actual windows folder that got changed somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom