windows file folders - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default windows file folders

My brother recently burned his digital pictures onto a cd. Somehow during the burn the folder was renamed to my photo album.phb. We can't figure out what this type of file is much less how to change it back to a windows folder so we can open them. This folder contains his son's wedding pictures he took and his grandchildrens first Christmas pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: windows file folders

we need more details

Old 12-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired.

Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913

What program did he use?

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

he used nero oem suite. Not all folders were renamed, just this one.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I need you to give specific details from step a to z so we can figure exactly what you did wrong.

we need to know how to you got the pictures onto your computer. we need to know what step did you take in nero (did you burn it as a data disc or what)

you were vague in your description. but we can resolve this (I think)
Old 12-20-2007, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

he put the pictures on his computer through his camera and it's softwear. Someone talked him into going from 2000 to xp, so he burned all pictures from his computer with nero. I know the nero program because I had put it on his computer. His camera softwear is arcsoft.photo impressions v1.0. After the guy wiped and reinstalled his computer he tried to access the cd and could access all pictures except this one folder.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the cd was supposed to be just pictures, but 3 folders showed up. One folder was a backup of his quicken another was marked firewall; quicken and firewall wasn't suppose to be on the cd.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I was thinking that that was a software copy instead an actual picture copy

how big is that my photo album.phb file or folder. right click it and select properties
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the file is 11.3 MB
Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Can you open the files using Arcsoft? I have that software also and it defaults to that file extension when you save pictures. You have to change the file type every time you save anything. Install the program and see if it works. If so, save all of them with a .jpg or whatever format you prefer. Arcsoft will give you a pop up with a warning about changing the file type, but I have never had a problem. Test on a few first before going all out.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Closed Thread