Windows File Explorer Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone Wolf

Daemon Poster
I read about a nice freeware utility in a PC magazine and it's a nice alternative to the dull feature lacking Windows File Explorer.

www.freesoftlabs.com

This freeware offers a dual-pane view - nice & convenient whenever you're moving or copying files over to another directory. And best of all, i really like the nice clean interface.

Before i tried this one, i tried two others. One called Powerdesk and another called 2xExplorer. Both of them were equally as effective (and free to boot) but the menu layout seemed so clustered and so busy that it took some getting used to. By contrast the one offered by Freesoftlabs is much simpler, and designed with user friendliness in mind.

I have to admit, however, i'll probably continue to use a mixture of both Powerdesk (for it's many features which are lacking in the other two).

Enjoy!

NOTE: The website does say it's still in Beta test version... however, i've been using it now for about a week (W2K SP4) and it's been working just fine on my PC w/out a glitch.

Wolf,

Many thanks for posting that info.
I've downloaded it and it works great.
I had lost the "New" menu option in Windows Explorer (see separate post) and this download was preferable to reformatting the hard drive and re-installing ME.
Thanks again!

Regards, Smokey

You're welcome smokey... surprised you found it considering I had posted that over a month ago.... probably did the smart thing and used our search feature eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom