Windows Fax Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nri

Beta member
As long as this XP Pro OS has been installed I have had times when the use of windows fax viewer on Outlook mail attachments will cause complete computer lock with a "click" that can only be fixed with a manual reboot. (with the button). I have 40 gig storage and about 1 gig memory and the previous default 98 program has been removed in the thought it may have been conflicting. I run AVG. daily updated along with Spybot , Ad-Aware etc. Panda Activescan and Norton on line scan reveal nothing.Computer does reboot normally, I use registry mechanic and System Mechanic but along with a missing Prnt Scrn key function I am at a loss. Recently I bought and installed Hacker Smacker firewall from Farstone but while I was at work and at the same time Telus changed routers my interface went "away". Now it will not allow my serial number or name for removal and it will not allow the manufacturers new fprwarded program to be installed. A search of the SERVICES LOCAL came up with "IPV6 INTERNET CONNECTION FIREWALL, SERVICE SPECIFIC error CODE 2147014849 and the system event log shows Error 3, System cannot find path specified. Related or not,I do not know.I will note that I had a heck of a time uninstalling Panda Antivirus trial after the time ran out. Hacked away until I got enough out to put in another trial version that did uninstall correctly. Any thoughts anybody, I have heard the re install but that is the last options I wish to pursue. Other than these problems ths little baby fairly screams along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom