Windows Explorer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapidfire5

Beta member
I Just updated my computer from ME Edition to XP and everytime i open my computer this message always pops out:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It also says send or not send, but whatever i click it just pops out again. PLEASE can someone help me PLEASE!!!

i can help, format first this time then install xp. dont update from one to the other because things happen just like ur describing. even if u get this one fixed be prepared for more problems down the road

yes always back up your data and then do a fresh install. then put your data back

All I'm going to say is that ME is universally accepted as the worst OS ever created. I wouldn't be surprised if upgrading it didn't turn your machine into an unusable brick of green goo. But anyway...

Update the crap out of everything! If that still doesn't help, do a Windows repair and see what happens (repair is an option if you boot up with the Windows CD). If that doesn't help, reinstall the OS (you shouldn't need to reformat). If THAT doesn't help...and I'd be starting to wonder about yer update...then clear the HDD off and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom