Windows explorer has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUItalianMan

Solid State Member
I downloaded a torrent last night, as I have countless times and since trying to open the file to watch it, I've been getting an error "windows explorer has stopped working" and I can't open anything. I deleted the video using cmd, and have run scans and havent found anything out of the ordinary..tried a couple things I saw on google, no luck. anyone here have any suggestions?
thanks guys.

Sounds like it was a bad file that corrupted your Windows install. The best thing we can suggest is to use a restore point to a time before you downloaded the file.

I tried doing system restore to friday night (before i downloaded) and I'm still having the problem. Anything else?

What version of Windows is it? Might be able to do system file checker.

Start>Run>cmd

sfc /scannow

Yeah I did that, it said it did find some corrupt stuff but couldn't fix it, I went to the log it created and I have no idea what I'm looking at here.

win7 home 64 bit

Sorry we cant really be of much help. Win7 doesnt have a repair option so all that is left is to reinstall.

We cant help much more than that since you already admitted to breaking our rules, in which the topic should have been closed at that point but I was being nice. Dont break the rules or the law and we can try to help much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom