windows explorer continues to show files of previous dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

i am using windows xp and seem to be having a problem with my dvd RW drive. when i load a dvd say "DVD_A" containing a film, all the files in the dvd can be seen. now when i replace the dvd DVD_A with DVD_B, i cant see the content of DVD_B in the windows explorer. the windows explorer continues to show the content of DVD_A. i hit refresh a number of times but the content of DVD_A continues to be displayed.

can you guys help me .

Go back. Get out of the Window for DVD A. You are causing Explorer to freeze up. There is a underlying issue but going back before you eject the DVD and insert the new one should get you the info.

Also go thru Osiris's guide.

thanks for the reply,

i actually closed the window (though it was after i had inserted the second DVD), but it continued to show the contents of DVD A.

can you point me to osiris's guide? what is the underlying issue?

thanks for the reply,

someone told me that it is a "feature" of windows xp and asked me to disable Digital CD Playback and it seems to work

i have got a burnt DVD (DVD-R 16x) whose contents turn up on y laptop, but when i insert the dvd into my dvd drve (NEC 3550A), none of the contents turn up :(. at times nero starts up asking if i want to burn any files.

can you tell me how to access the files on my dvd. the dvd rw plays movie dvds no problem

i have got 1 dvd drive(NEC 3550A) and a cd drive (sony CRX230) but three drives are shown.

the sony, nec and a third drive which is a generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdROM device, any idea what this third drive is?

The 3rd device sounds like a Virtual Drive. Have you got Alcohol 120 or Daemon Tools installed?

The DVD playback. Could be that you burned it to fast. When burning data i always stick with a slower speed to make sure that i get a good burn. Sometimes a fast burn will skip parts and the CD/DVD will not be readable.

thanks for the reply,

i have got daemon tools installed.

the dvd in question plays on my laptop but not on the desktop, i tried a second dvd and i have the same problem, the dvd plays on the laptop but not on the desktop. but this movie dvd which is not on a rw disk plays on both laptop and desktop

Could be the version of Nero you are using as well. Do you have Nero 8 on the laptop but not the desktop?

thanks for the reply, i have nero 6 on my desktop and no nero on my laptop.

i also have cute cd dvd burner on my desktop. do you think it is the dvd burner software messing up or is my dvd rw broken and i should go out and get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom