Windows Explorer Bar " Folders Tab" Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsf_13

Beta member
I am using Windows ME and have been doing so on this same PC for more than a couple of years, just recently I have noticed that while using Windows Explorer, that when pressing the " Folders" Tab/ Button in the toolbar I am unable to see any details in the left pan (explorer bar), once I press history, search or favorites they all work well, just when I press Folders, all details disappear or it still shows the previous button (like history or search) view details without switching to the "Folders" details, this is very inconvenient to me and I was wondering if anyone can help me solve this problem, I'd be sooo grateful :)

hey man i would me more than happy to help, but i don't have a folders tab in my browser on xp...... i'll go call 911 for help

Are you familiar with your system registry? If so, goto the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\Explorer Itbarlayout and delete the key. Then when you kick off explorer the next time it will recreate it. If this doesn't work, try using system restore to the last point when it worked. I'd also do an extensive adware and virus scan on your PC.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom