Windows exception error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosbm

Baseband Member
Could somebody please explain the meaning of the following error message or possibly direct me to a website where the details are explained?

"An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1577969 in VxD VIP(01) + 00002FA9. This was called from 0028:C1850634 in VxD PPPMAC(04) + 00007B14. It may be possible to continue normally."

It arises in a PC running Windows 98 SE and simply goes away when any key is pressed.

Ideally I would like to know how to identify the application that causes the error and how to prevent it from happening.

Best regards,
nosbm

any recent changes?

i would consider reinstalling the OS. Boot to windows. pop in the cd. Reinstall. All data will stay intact.

or you can try running sfc

Thank you for your response.

The sfc utility has identified about nine possibly corrupt system files, I will try to restore these before making any other changes.

Best regards,
nosbm

I would suggest updating your system overall. Since Windows 98 was recently discovered to have a major flaw that even M$ would not fix that can just lead to trouble.

If you machine might even have the possibility to run XP i would suggest that. If not then i would suggest saving your $$ and getting a cheap but useable machine with XP on it.

This flaw discovered in 98 could allow for someone to take over your machine and do whatever they wished with it. It was talked about widely so almost any hacker with a decent amount of skill would know about it.

This will just lead to trouble if you use the machine on the net for any purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom