windows error

Status
Not open for further replies.

anp4381

Beta member
friends,
i have windows 98se on my comp .....now a days i m getting a error message the message is as follow
" A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:FF1B1FCB . The current application will be terminated "
after this message i have to restart my pc to continue
can anyone help me plz

at the time of error message i was on internet and most of the time after i start the internet or disconnecting the internet the error message appear

Can you tell me the following things please :

1. what is the rest of the error message after the 0028 bit? (eg 0028:xxxxxxxxx in VxD VCOMM for example)

2. What type modem are you using? (ie cable or dial up) & what connection is it (USB or PCI for example)

3. What other software do you have running in the background?

if IE stands for internet explorer then i have internet explorer 6.0 installed on comp and it is running perfectly .......now i m very sure that the blue screen appear only when i start or shutdown my internet connection

up till now i have encountered 5 different types of errors they r as follows

1. an exception 0E has occurred at 0028:FF1DDB84 in VXD _ _ _ .This was called from 0028:C14B5BFA in VXD _ _ _. it may be possible to continue normally

2. a fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF1B1FCB . The current application will be terminated .

3. an exception 0E has occurred at 0028:FF1B1FCB in VXD _ _ _ .This was called from 0028:C156D8AA in VXD _ _ _. it may be possible to continue normally

4. a fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:C02B4713 in VXD IFSMGR(04) +0015E27. The current application will be terminated .

5.a fatal exception 0D has occured at 0246:016747FB . The current application will be terminated .

I have dial up connection in my home. the modem is dialup modem of the company lancer ,model no HSP56 Modem and it is internal modem PCI type. at time i m using only norton antivirus 2005 in the background .....some times i use yahoo messenger but it was not the problem until i installed this modem ..

well i have told u everything i know can u help me plzzzzz

Try this :

1. Run a memory diagnostic (eg memtest86 - http://www.memtest86.com/) to eliminate any RAM problems.

2. Go to Run... on start menu & type msconfig to start System config util. Click on 'startup' tab & disable all the entries. (you can probably leave scanreg, systemTray & task monitor enabled if you like)

3. Reboot & surf the Internet for a while (I realise that you will have no AV protection etc cos Nortons will be disabled at startup, so don't download anything). If you don't get any errors, re-enable the startup items one at a tiem to eliminate which one is causing the problem.

4. If you still get errors, you could try uninstalling the modem driver, remove the modem physically & connect it to a different PCI slot, let Windows redetect it & install drivers.

What com port is your modem assigned to & what IRQ is it using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom