windows doesn't find my anti-virus. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
I have Avast! home edition, and it is working fine. but the problem is that when I go to the windows security center it says that windows doesn't finf any Anti-virus on my computer

This suddenly happened to me today.

untitledep1.jpg

I forget to say that I have downloaded IE7 yesterday, and maybe IE7 is causing this problem to me, but I really don't know.

what do you think ?

Personally I wouldn't worry what Windows says as long as the AV is functioning properly.

Ste said:
See the Note part.
Read it.

I'm not that stuped, please read my post I said that this happened to me today. I have used Avast! antivirus for about a year, and windows was able to find my anti-virus.

windows can detect Avast! antivirus.

talldude123 said:
Is Avast completely updated?

If it isn't updated, it won't tell Windows that it's installed.

yes it is updated and I have reinstalled my Avast! antivirus and i still have this problem.

Also, when Avast! is not updated it will say to you that your antivirus is not updated, but it doesn't say to you that it can't find any antivirus on your computer.

click on recommendations and then choose monitor my own antivirus

I installed Avast on a pc yesterday and it did the same thing so I chose the setting above and it went away

Warez Monster said:
click on recommendations and then choose monitor my own antivirus

I installed Avast on a pc yesterday and it did the same thing so I chose the setting above and it went away

So, I can now deduce that IE7 is causing this problem, because before I have installed IE7, I didn't have this problem.

Ok then I will uninstall IE7 and I see if windows will detect my antivirus.

Edit: I forgot to say thank you all for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom