Windows did not Pass Genuine Validation.

That doesnt mean he cant overclock. It just isnt recommended to as there is no place for the extra heat generated to go.

From my experience, most laptops don't even have the option in the BIOS to OC. Well, a hardware OC, anyhow. That is where that assumption came from.

Usually the only OC'ing you can do on a laptop is software overclocking, which is usually unstable.

Who said it had to be a hardware OC? My Dell didnt have that option built in, but you best be sure I found a way around my BIOS not having the options built in to OC my PC. There is always a way to do something on a PC. Never assume anything just cause the option is not built in. That just makes people want to do something else to find a way. You dont think that hackers made it this long cause they just gave up cause it "couldnt be done" now do you?

There is always a way to do whatever people want. Just takes time and research.

Where did you buy the Windows copy from? i know alot of companies put duff copies of Windows OS's on or enterprise copies with multiuse keys.

i remember when they changed WPA for XP a few years ago and i had like 20 people come to me at work and say their copy wasnt legit after all

But if it was like gamestop or you bought a legit windows CD, then follow the steps above. I'm always careful about sourcing things like that from some resellers.

I bought the Copy from my local surplyer, its OEM Softwere and I just installed it on the Laptop. I done the upgrade my self from Vista, after formating the Drive.

If it was a laptop, it would be OEM. Unless he reinstalled Windows on his own.

Yes its OEM, I done the upgrade my self and thats the first time I've known of that Issue.

What about corrupt windows files? Have we tried that?

To be honest if their were currupt windows files, apart from doing a fresh install or a Roll Back, I would not have a clue as to how to go about fixing a windows Installation or any Windows curupt files. I'm really tech savvy and know quite abit about Installation of Windows and Setups ect. But noting about softwere and Fixing manually faulty installations.

Umm, he never said he changed hardware. And with the CPU, he can't OC, being it a laptop.

No overclocking done, its quite a dated laptop and to be honest I wouldnt have the Confidence in case I fried my system. :umm:

Oh yes and I forgot to mention what do you mean by dated system?? Because if the laptop is old it might have something to do with the problem? If it is new though then dismiss this.

The laptops dated in way of when it was sold back in the day, it was running Windows Vista. And since have upgraded to Win 7HP. When I spoke to the Gye at the Local PC Shop. He seid that Windows 7 was less demanding than Vista. And should handle it no bother. Miind you when f@h I can average 1000+ Points per day. So mabie thats got something to do with it being as quick. End of day, think it must of been an Update, as I had just Ran the Windows Updater, Manual. Instead of Automatically running it self.

I think that may have had something to do with it. Do you remember what the update contained? Like security patches or anything that might affect the validation? Because if so then that may the issue and it is simply a problem of it not taking the validation key.

I think that may have had something to do with it. Do you remember what the update contained? Like security patches or anything that might affect the validation? Because if so then that may the issue and it is simply a problem of it not taking the validation key.

No no not the age! I was talking about the update in this post. But I was just giving ideas as if the computer is old perhaps windows needed a new key? I have seen it happen at home before. My old XP laptop had to have 2 new valid keys in the 10 years I owned it. It asked for a new key 4 years after I bought it and it repeated again 4 years later. The store gave me a discount due to this.

Back
Top Bottom