Windows defender in Vista ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
Can windows defender that comes integrated with Vista be removed ? If yes , how please , i couldnt find it it Add/remove menu

Thanks in advance

No it can't but you can disable it and install another firewall.

Windows Defender is not a firewall. It is a Anti-Spyware applicaiton.

Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software.

Taking right from their site.

Windows Defender home

Now to answer your question...No. It can be removed. Most firewall applicaitons dont turn it off either. Only the Security Suites that have built in Apyware applications will turn it off. Like the Eset Smart Security Beta, Aone Alarm Secuiryt Suite and hte TrendMicro Secuiryt Suite all Vista ready.

Defender isnt that good. But it is better to have that running than nothing at all. Plus it doesnt run all the time. Only when it is scheduled to do a scan at 2 AM. Only thing i found you can do. Open Defender and just exit out of it by the ? Menu. They will give a warning that you wont be notified by potentially harmful software. But if you really wish to shut it down that is the best way.

Thanks guys for the info , i guess i'll just disable it then ,i really dont like microsoft when it comes to malware products.

Regards

Which i sunderstandable. Defender is at the bottom of the list. AdAware and Spybot are much better. So by all means disable it. :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom