Windows Defender Final Released!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Yes, as a complete suprise it seems that Microsoft has released the final version of their long-time-in-the-making Anti-Spyware program, Windows Defender.

The build is marked as 1.1.1592.0 and it seems it can be installed over top previous versions (Beta 2, It can not be installed over top Beta 1 previously known as Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta).

The only noticeable changes are the minor color scheme updates to the User Interface (Previously a Light Blue > Dark Blue gradient, now a Blue > Green gradient.) And as well a new option to display the System Tray Icon even when the program is not in the process of updating or scanning the computer. Other changes include more improvements to the scanning engine as well as an improved Software Explorer.

Windows Defender can be installed on both 64-Bit and 32-Bit versions of Windows XP / Windows Server 2003. However, unlike previous releases, Defender is no longer supported on the Windows 2000 platform. For Windows Vista users, well it seems you're left in the dark on this one. This build can not be installed on Vista and the integrated version can not be updated to the new version through the integrated updating engine.

Beta 2 users have until December 31st to upgrade to the final version before the program expires and ceases to function.

Download: Windows Defender Final 32-Bit

Download: Windows Defender Final 64-Bit

Windows Defender makes me angry. I always used Microsoft Antispyware Beta, but whenever the Windows Defender Beta came out, I could never get it to update. I tried all kinds of fixes, but none of them worked. I figured I would just wait for the final build, but now even that won't update. Did anyone else have this problem and figure out how to fix it? So far, the solution I keep finding through Google is to go to Start > Run > and enter the following:

Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

I did this and selected to uninstall what it came up with. However, Windows Defender still won't update. Any ideas?

Does it play nice with other spyware scanners?? Has anyone had any conflicts??

I'd like to give it a try, but want to be sure before installing it.

baronvongogo said:
I use pretty much everything and have so far had no problems with it conflicting with any spyware or anti virus products.

Nice to hear! :D

Thanks!

I've been running it while having both Symantec and Ad-Watch active and I haven't had any problems so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom