Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer DiskHardware Configuration Problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

miragemkt06

Beta member
Using Windows XP Pro SP3 - This is a second D - labeled :F for the partition and :G, now missing for the other stuff. 250 SATA Drive. What happened is I reinstalled XP on the C Drive, it needed it, now working fine. I initially wanted to repartition the F drive as it was running out of space, the guy that did it for me made the F partition only about 10 1/2 Gigs, enough for XP. The drive started running bad, couldn't do restore or repartition F, as there was not enough disk space. I tried to remove as much as possible from F, to restore to earlier time or repartition, but to no avail.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Rest of error is : Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check Boot path and also disk hardware.

The reason I have 2 drives is drives are usually the first thing to fail on a PC, secondly, I build sites and Blogs and needed a bigger faster drive with more space and wanted to keep all those files on a separate drive. I t all worked beautifully for a while. I do have 2 XP Pro licenses by the way, and still will run XP Pro on both desktops, pending resolution of the problem.

In My Computer, I still see :F, but not :, and I can still access some of the file from :F and :G.

Can't access F/G from boot menu and also the other option is reinstall Windows, but will only do on C Drive.

I'm guessing F/G got mis configured in my BIOS?

Can anyone assist? I would be grateful.

Brgds,

gratefulone 60 - Dave

Okay i will try to assist. But seriously this is utterly confusing. I dont get what all the F/G talk is about. Did you previously have a dual boot configuration setup?

I can tell you the issue easily. When you installed XP and got it recognized as the C:\ Drive it over wrote the MBR or Master Boot Record and eliminated all other boot options.

Hi,

The original drive is c an 80 gig IDE, I added a second drive, a 250 gig Sata. I was named F/G - F was the partition whee Windows XP Pro was installed - G was the rest of the drive space I used for other files etc. I paid a e tech support guy help me configure and partition on the SATA. I then installed Windows XP Pro. All worked fine for a couple of years. I had 2 separate desktops, both running XP Pro. C started to run badly so I uninstalled and re-installed Windows on C. All is fine with C. F/G then started to run badly as well after heavy use. I didn't have enough space on the F partition to to a system restore, as we know clears up a up a lot issues. I cannot access "G" any longer, I see "F", but would like to reinstall XP Pro on F/G but cannot due the the above errors I mentioned. This all happened immediately after I reinistalled XP Pro on C. Hope this helps clarify. Thanks - Dave

Hi, I have the screen print, but I can't paste it here, would have to come from a URL. Won't let me "paste" here. Can I email you the file? If you send an email to dknop425(@)gmail(DOT)com, I can attach the file. I saved on my desktop from Paint. Or any other suggestions how to easily do this? Thanks - Dave

In the Screen Shot Tutorial I have exactly how to do this. It tells you how to save the file to your PC and then upload it to any number of services to be viewed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom