"Windows could not start because of .."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Help!

Upon successfully deleting vista, and the partition it was installed on, along with then installing XP, I encounter the following message after XP tries to reboot to complete installation:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information."

Any thoughts or help? Thanks! (System info is in sig)

In your BIOS what are your settings for your hard drive? It looks as if you ahve a SATA Drive. Do you have it set for ACHI or ATA?

Hmm, I believe the only option, IIRC, was actually just "Hard Disk".

Yep, here are my options:

Floppy
LS120
Hard Disk
SATA CDROM
ZIP100/250
USB-FDD
USB-ZIP/LS
USB-CDROM
Legacy Lan
_NEC DVD_RW ND-
Disabled

I would think, it would be hard disk, right? It's certainly not a SATA CDROM I have, it's not a floppy. Nor is it a zip, or USB, or lan based installation. What is that LS120?

Is there a spot in your BIOS that shows yoru hard drive configuration? That is where the ACHI or ATA would be.

Well if you cant find it then the only thing i can think of is to try using GParted again and deleting all partitions and only creating the one you are gonna use for XP. But dont format the drive leave it as unformatted space from within GParted.

Maybe then the XP isntall will continue.

he probably need to take that superdisc (ls120) out of the boot order and make sure he doesn't have sata. it would also be nice to know the mobo or computer name, so I can can check some things

Computer Name? Eh? It's custom built, not pre-built, like a Dell.

Okay, so try installing Windows on the hard disk, with their being no partitioned formatted? And what's GParted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom