Windows Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you use the Date/Time tool in Control Panel to select a different year, the clock may stop until you click Apply or OK and the clock does not compensate for the length of time it was stopped.

or

When you use the Date/Time tool to select a different month or date, the time may be decreased by 5-10 seconds.

or

When you leave your computer on for an extended amount of time, the time may lose from two minutes to an hour per day. IMPORTANT: The CMOS does keep the correct time and if you restart the computer, the Windows clock is updated. Also, if you start your computer in Safe Mode, Windows does not lose time.

How to adjust time via the Internet

You may as well change your CMOS battery, they are not expensive. If that solve's the problem, then great, otherwise post here that it still does not work, and we have then elliminated one possibility.
As for your rebooting problem, does happen everytime you load halflife2? Does it happen when you open any other program? It definitely has nothing to do with your CMOS battery.

everytime i load half life 2 or day of defeat sourse (same engine, mod of half life 2). someone suggested turning off norton antivirus but that's proven to be harder than some other programs. you can disable it temporarily but you can't really turn it off - even from the task manager. i'm still working with it trying to see if i can turn it off somehow or atleast stop it from loading at startup.

Anyways, yeah. when i try to load those 2 games specifically the computer just reboots.

That is a good choice since Norotn's installation instructions make that request anyway. If that doesn't do the trick you are going to have to evaluate all of your systems components to find out which piece of hardware os foobared.

Edit: Right click on the Norton icon in the takbar. and then chose disable. You'll get a warning message that your system is now unprotected. Just click OK and then install the games.

Just to clarify, the games are already on the system. they've been on it for a while. i haven't played them in a while because of some viruses and now i have norton but the system crashes when i try to run them. i've disabled but they still crash.

meh, you probably have some of that add-on crap that installs with free software, like atomic clock. It supposedly is a very accurate clock, however things like anti virus and firewalls cause problems because it needs to update its time keeping via connection and it updates the time appropriately. Plus, the software is a flaming pile dark chocolate turdiness.

steam released a link today for nVidia users for beta driver sofware. Fixed my problem in just a few minutes. Thanks for the help everyone. Now I just have to go pick a CMOS and I'll be in business.

The Bios settings is save in CMOS. The battery has nothing to do with the computer restarting for itself. I think it has something to do with graphics. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom