Windows Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

polakbob

Baseband Member
I don't know if this correlates with the actual hardware but my computer clock keeps slowing down. Anyone know what could cause this? I have up-to-date virus software (though I can't see how that would make a difference) and the computer is almost brand new. Any help's appreciated.

That's kind of what I thought. Hard to imagine since it's a new computer but I guess that's part of the fun. thanks much.

Personally I don't think that's necessary, you should just be able to replace it.

Maybe someone will correct me

I've noticed another problem that may be related (I hope). Starting last night when I try to load Half Life 2 the system loads DirectX and then just turns off and reboots. Could a low CMOS cause this?

The battery is just for your BIOS settings, so I don't think they are related. Maybe post that in a new thread to get some more feedback.

The CMOS battery has nothing to do with the system reboot. how "new" is this mobo? That battery should last for 3 to 5 years. I'm thinking you have other issues with you system. Please list the specs for your puter for review. Thanks!

win xp pro
amd athlon 64 3000+
512 ddr ram
GeForce 6200

If you need anything else let me know. Someone on a different forum said that it probably had something to do with running Norton in the background. I'm playing with that right now and I'll eventually turn Norton off and run the game to see if that works. Any other advice would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom