Windows boot up blackout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenstein

Solid State Member
Hi

I just installed win 7 on my new P6T. The first boot to widows went great, I even downloaded a few games. Then on my second boot and everyone after that this happens. I turn it on, it POSTs, and it says starting windows. Then it goes black and doesn't respond to anything besides the on/off button. Any ideas?

Here are some specs
ASUS P6T
i7 920
WDC640GB

Thanks

How do you do that? When I put in the win 7 disk it just gives me the option to boot and install it. This is probably a noob question.

you can also try pressing F8 or F11 upon boot up and use the "Last Known Good Configuration" option.

I tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Edit: I just booted up in safe mode and ran a system restore. No effect. According to windows the fact that I can boot in safe mode means that the basic drivers aren't the problem

No it very rarely is the basic system drivers. It is always the more advanced drivers. What did you install before the 2nd boot?

Moved to Windows.

Civilization 4 and sins of a solar empire. I didn't install the drivers because it seemed to be recognizing all of the hardware. Could that be it? I ran a system restore so in theory those games are no longer on there, right?

If the restore worked, then no. But check the Program Files folder and see if you can execute them.

If a driver update is available then you should install it.

For whatever reason the restore didn't work. I am not going to be able to work on this for a couple of days. What should I do when I get back? It doesn't seem like the hardware drivers could be causing the problem.

Thanks

I think it is. There is no reason why it would boot just fine and then after installing only a couple of items it wouldnt boot again. That only leaves driver installs or the programs you installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom