Windows Boot Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolygoofy

Solid State Member
Hello All

I have my PC with two hard drives, one has Windows XP and the other has Vista. When the computer first start it run the Bios and then it takes me to the Windows Boot Manager to select what Windows I want to load. By default Vista is always selected and a 30 second count down starts, if I don't select anything then Vista will load. Like most things in life, that's not how I want it and I would like windows XP to be the selected one with the count down and if I don't select anything then XP will run, not Vista.

Any ideas how I can change this?

Thanks

I'm not as familiar with Vista as I am with XP, but you can modify the boot sequence from XP. Go to the Control Panel -> System -> Advanced (tab) and choose "Settings" from the "Startup and Recovery" section near the bottom. Near the top of the window that pops up, you should be able to set the default OS to boot into as well as the timeout. This way you don't have to install any other programs.

Like I mentioned, I haven't tested this with Vista, it may not work.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the help. I solved the problem with EasyBCD yesterday, works great. I was even able to change the names that the system displayed for each OS.

Good tip Jeelliso, it's there alright. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom