windows blue screen issue

Krotuskang

Solid State Member
Ok I cant figure this propblem out in my own... so I am hoping some of you can help.

Suddenly my laptop "blue screens" when the display turns off for power saving. But it will also do it randomly. I cant leave my computer alone for more than 3 minutes with out it crashing. The power lights all stay on and what not. I believe the blue screen code is 108 it only displays it every 3-5 restarts. So if you need anymore info let me know or if you guys know how to fix this.

Disable automatic restart by doing the following (assuming WIndows 7, similar for XP):

Start > Right click 'Computer' > Properties > Advanced System Settings on the left panel > Under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" > Under System failure uncheck "automatically restart on system failure" > click OK on all open windows

Next time it crashes, get us the STOP code that's shown at the bottom of the crash screen (formatted like such: 0x000000## where ## = some alphanumeric combination). Also provide us with the driver file it mentions, if it does mention one (located under the STOP code, will be "something.sys").

Alternatively, you can go under C:\WIndows\Minidump and zip the dump files and post them here and somebody can analyze them.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: ea
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

ok so there is what windows gave me for the info on it I hope thats right x.x

Yeah, did the driver update, virus scan , and checked disks for errors. But still to no effect. Sadly I dont know how to do the bottom part of that page... but I am starting to wonder if this is a hardwear issue... that would not be too shocking. Iv had this laptop just under 3 years its always running and went to afghanistan.

You could try zipping up the dump files located under C:\WIndows\Minidump and upload them here so somebody can analyze them.

Back
Top Bottom