Windows black screen

ncore

Baseband Member
Hi, Well I've been having this black screen before windows login but there is a cursor showing, I thought its just windows OS is loading a bit slow but then its been weeks since it started.

Any ways to fix it without reformatting the OS? Tbh I installed the OS just few months ago so its fairly fresh installed.

I've tried booting it to safe mode and repair the computer option, updated my GPU driver too but didn't fixed the problem

Were you able to boot into Safe Mode successfully, or did it stall out as well?

On the same Advanced Boot menu where the Safe Mode option is, try selecting the "Last good configuration" option and see if you can boot that way. If not, then go back into Safe Mode, and go to Start -> type msconfig
Startup tab -> disable everything and see if you can boot normally into Windows.

Also, what OS are you running?

Were you able to boot into Safe Mode successfully, or did it stall out as well?

On the same Advanced Boot menu where the Safe Mode option is, try selecting the "Last good configuration" option and see if you can boot that way. If not, then go back into Safe Mode, and go to Start -> type msconfig
Startup tab -> disable everything and see if you can boot normally into Windows.

Also, what OS are you running?

Well I just did the Last good configuration but still have the problem, yeah I can get into safe mode successfully when I press F8 then choose safe mode.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

Yeah i have my windows disc, what should i do with the disc? I tried disabling all the startup stuff and still get black screen.

Yeah i have my windows disc, what should i do with the disc? I tried disabling all the startup stuff and still get black screen.

It's in the link I posted. The "Most helpful post" instructs what commands to run to make sure it's not a bootloader issue.

Back
Top Bottom