Windows automatically loggin me in as admin!! not even asking for user/pass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under "Users" in the control panel make another account, with a made up name and make it limited access. Reboot and log into your account and then go to "Users" in the control panel and check to make sure your account is set to "Private." If it is then this won't be an option available.

Sounds like someone tried to access your files while you were away and made another account to do so because they couldn't figure out your PW.

thanx for your reply...

ok...I created a username...(with no pass)...now, when you said reboot and log in to your account, you meant the one which I just created it or my original account?
Also, where do I check to see if it is set to Private?

Thanx again...

Log into windows under your orginal account. Once logged in, go to "User Accounts" and click "Change an Account," then clicck on your original account icon. Once in your original account options remove the password, follow instructions there. Then create a new password for that account. Also, make sure there is no other Administrator accounts. If there are, remove them. Reboot and log into your original account with your password and you should be good to go. :)

Note: If you have previously selected to make this account private, the option is not available. If you haven't told it to do this, then it might be available. Otherwise, the option won't be listed at all.

Hope that helps...lemme know if it does!

from the run line type in : control userpasswords2
Once you have accessed the password control panel, access the "Advanced" tab. Put a check mark in the "Secure Login" field.
You should be good to go after that.

That should be the "XP tip of the day" because so many people forget about that password panel! Me included!

from the run line type in : control userpasswords2
Once you have accessed the password control panel, access the "Advanced" tab. Put a check mark in the "Secure Login" field.
You should be good to go after that.
it
Thanx...it worked...that alone didnt solve the problem though...I had to check "users must enter password to use this computer"

thanx again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom