Windows Automatic Update Error 1058

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
Hey,

- Im having trouble getting through to Windows Update. Its telling me,

***The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)

- I follow the online help guide in going to the services.msc, but to no avail. Every time i try and enable the Automatic Updates service and click the "Start" service button i get this...

***Could not start the automatic updates service on local computer.
Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either becuase it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices associate with it.

- A while back i was in the task manager and accidentally ended a svchost.exe task. I noticed that in the "Path to executables" box in the Automatic Updates preferences window uses, C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs. Could ending that task be the cause of my problems? Im pretty well versed in computers, so please any help, no matter how complex or simple would be well appreciated. Thanks!

Are you getting this error in Windows XP or Windows Vista?

Not a problem. If those fixes dont work and the spyware scan come back clean and you still have this issue by all means stop on back and we will try to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom