In Runtime
I am trying to work on a windows 10 rig which has been set up for streaming

The system layout if as follows.
1) xbox one connected to PCI-E 1Gbs ethernet card,
2) Xbox one streams through windows 10 xbox app
3) OBS is the studio which he using for capture,
4) Yetti mic plugged in to USB 3.0
5) Headset is plugged in to PC through audio Jack

Now, audio gets weired feed back, a echo where we hear him and party echo, the yetti audio is turned down so there is no echo, yet if he gets excited the echo is still there,

Xbox party chat some times does not work, the mic button has been pressed to allow party chat through to desktop.

I am wondering how I will be able to adjust and identify each audio channel which is in use, to then add those specific audio channels to his OBS, and be able set up each channel with audio seperatly.

Lines Audio source
1 Pandora
2 Yetti mic
3 Xbox one live party
4 Xbox one game sounds

Now I have messed over 4 hours on his audio alone, am wondering if any one knows of a way to isolate the sound ch on windows 10 home, his pc is as follows

Gigabyte 970A-Ds3p rev 2.xx
AMD FX 6300
32G DDR3 patriot viper 3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
1000 WTT PWR supply.
Video card is currently being upgraded to a Gigabyte RX580 8G
it is a modified Cyberpower System,

Techist your my only hope.

I am trying to work on a windows 10 rig which has been set up for streaming

The system layout if as follows.
1) xbox one connected to PCI-E 1Gbs ethernet card,
2) Xbox one streams through windows 10 xbox app
3) OBS is the studio which he using for capture,
4) Yetti mic plugged in to USB 3.0
5) Headset is plugged in to PC through audio Jack

Now, audio gets weired feed back, a echo where we hear him and party echo, the yetti audio is turned down so there is no echo, yet if he gets excited the echo is still there,

Xbox party chat some times does not work, the mic button has been pressed to allow party chat through to desktop.

I am wondering how I will be able to adjust and identify each audio channel which is in use, to then add those specific audio channels to his OBS, and be able set up each channel with audio seperatly.

Lines Audio source
1 Pandora
2 Yetti mic
3 Xbox one live party
4 Xbox one game sounds

Now I have messed over 4 hours on his audio alone, am wondering if any one knows of a way to isolate the sound ch on windows 10 home, his pc is as follows

Gigabyte 970A-Ds3p rev 2.xx
AMD FX 6300
32G DDR3 patriot viper 3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
1000 WTT PWR supply.
Video card is currently being upgraded to a Gigabyte RX580 8G
it is a modified Cyberpower System,

Techist your my only hope.

His choice of streaming to the Windows 10 PC is the best choice without buying HDMI splitters, capture cards, and a proper audio mixer for his PC. Is he using the Xbox app on his Windows 10 PC to join the party and communicate? Or is he using the Xbox party ON the xbox that he's then streaming to his Windows 10 PC? Does the echo pick up on his broadcast or is it only heard by the other people in the xbox party?

To answer your question - No there's no way in OBS to break it out per application. In OBS you can specify an audio device and a microphone. The only way to break out each application's levels is in the native windows mixer which will modify the volume of each app for both him and his broadcast. Even then - the Xbox app will be delivering the game audio and the party audio in one channel. Pandora's volume can be changed in the browser of course and his microphone should already be separate in OBS because it is a separate interface.

Last edited:
He is using party chat from PC

He did have all that stuff but when I saw his system we converted over to new system running through windows 10pc

Does the echo pick up on his broadcast or is it only heard by the other people in the xbox party?

What is echoing the most? His voice? His game audio? The party audio?

Can you link me to a timestamp in one of his past broadcasts when its echoing so I can hear it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom