windows activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ages ago when i installed my new GFX card ive always had this problem once in a blue moon it says windows requires activation so i activate it and think nothing of it BUT recently it came up again and showing just the black screen in the backround and when i tried to activate it, it said this key invalid or something along the lines basically it doesnt let me activate it no more and then i couldnt go into windows so i had to reinstall windows and i thought as im doing it from fresh it will this time activate it and when i go into control panel system

and i think it has the same problem, it doesnt think my windows is genuine but it is i got it at a retailer

Ring up windows support line it may be that your activation code has been flagged up as being accessed from multiple machines leading them to the conclusion that its a pirated code.

all i can say is windows is crap, i wish someone made another OS that be mainstream and itl make windows bust

yes windows is crap whats the point of activating a product isnt buying it enough and no you cant play most games on linux

You can emulate a fair quantity through wine on linux. You can easily get a windows disk if needed the activation code is what you are purchasing not the disk itself thats just a bolt on to enable you to use it.

well i think its not right how you purchase the disk or so you say the activation key and yet when you change a hardware you got to call them up which i think its really pathetic

If it was an OEM disk then you should have to call them when changing hardware as the licence is only for one machine, if its a RETAIL disk then you should just be able to install and carry on with your life.

oh **** you serious because ive got a builders disk or OEM, so if i get retail itl be fine. ok thanks alot mate

Contact them and let them know the activations were from you and everything should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom