windows 98se logon user list at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomjogden

Beta member
I work at the youth centre where we have three windows 98se computers. i recently restored all 3, and two of them are working just as i want them to. when i start them up, i get a screen where i can select from a list of users and then type in the respective password. however, on the 3rd computer (a P2 compaq presario), i don't have this list...just a place to type the username and type the password. this is a hassle because the kids are always asking "what's the user name?!?!?!?!"

lol

anyways, any ideas on how i can get this list box thing to magically appear?

Do you want the username/password box to disappear, and the computer to automatically login to the main account?

No, I want to have a screen that lets me select between two separate users and enter the password for whichever one. Two of our computers are set up so that I get a logon screen, and can select either between "Administration" or "Youth", and enter the respective password.

I can't get this on the third computer. I just get the "Enter Network Password" screen and am prompted to type in my user name and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom