Windows 98 And Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm1027

Baseband Member
Hi,
I am going nuts trying to figure this one out. I am trying to clean up a system Windows 98 IE6.0 and have the following problem:
I boot my system and go into IE and look at the home link it is About:Blank In control pannel I add in http://www.google.com and apply to save it for the home link. Then I go out and invoke IE and get this About:Blank Now this About:Blank brings up a search page with a lot of crap in it and also 2 windows talking about Spy Ware... This page fools people into hitting ok to make it stop BUT we all know if you hit ok your screwed. Well my brother must of hit it some time a while back.
I used spyBot today and removed over 200 things in his system, Downloaded a new upto date IE and when I reboot same thing happens.
Does anyone know where it's comming from? I deleted all history, cleared all bookmarks and just general cleanup... still having the problem. If I change the link to Google in control panel... and I then invoke IE you then get About:Blank... then if I type the google address and hit go I am ok until I invoke IE again.

Thanks
Steve

I don't know if this will help, but I'll tell you anyway. If you just open up IE go up to the menu bar and click Tools > Internet Options and on that dialog box there is a frame that says "Home Page". In the text box, type in what you want your homepage to be and click OK or Apply. Sorry if this doesn't help.

spy

You can download hijack this and post the results here or you can do what I did. go to webroot.com download spysweeper load it update it and it will catch what spyware is running in memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom