windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh0528

In Runtime
i have installed windows 98 on a test machine and i need it to access the internet i can access my network but i cant get to the internet and when i click on ie it trys to look for a modem i dont knwo why and in device manager it has the network card and everything there

Are you using a wireless card, or cable to get to the network? If you are using a wireless card make sure that IE is set to use LAN.

Hitesh0528 said:
i have installed windows 98 on a test machine and i need it to access the internet i can access my network but i cant get to the internet and when i click on ie it trys to look for a modem i dont knwo why and in device manager it has the network card and everything there

what kind of internet are you using?

killians45 said:
check IE properties to make sure the dial up settings are blank.

sorry to but in, but I can't find the dial up settings on mine. i find the LAN.

derrmc said:
sorry to but in, but I can't find the dial up settings on mine. i find the LAN.

never mind i don't have dial up so the setting's are not in bold

yep, thats how it should look :) If he used to have dial up and then went to cable but still has his old dialup info, it will want to install all that stuff again.

killians45 said:
yep, thats how it should look :) If he used to have dial up and then went to cable but still has his old dialup info, it will want to install all that stuff again.

Thank's killians45, I've been busy-I'm sure you can guess why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom