windows 98 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2004, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 134
Default windows 98

i have installed windows 98 on a test machine and i need it to access the internet i can access my network but i cant get to the internet and when i click on ie it trys to look for a modem i dont knwo why and in device manager it has the network card and everything there
__________________

Hitesh0528 is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 83
Default

Are you using a wireless card, or cable to get to the network? If you are using a wireless card make sure that IE is set to use LAN.
__________________

overclocker is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 134
Default

i am using a ethernet card and when i click on ie that box comes up everytime
Hitesh0528 is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 83
Default

Then I’d try setting up a new internet connection, but if that doesn’t work I can't help.
overclocker is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 808
Default Re: windows 98

Quote:
Originally posted by Hitesh0528
i have installed windows 98 on a test machine and i need it to access the internet i can access my network but i cant get to the internet and when i click on ie it trys to look for a modem i dont knwo why and in device manager it has the network card and everything there
what kind of internet are you using?
derrmc is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,247
Default

check IE properties to make sure the dial up settings are blank.
__________________
If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
killians45 is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 11:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
check IE properties to make sure the dial up settings are blank.
sorry to but in, but I can't find the dial up settings on mine. i find the LAN.
derrmc is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by derrmc
sorry to but in, but I can't find the dial up settings on mine. i find the LAN.
never mind i don't have dial up so the setting's are not in bold
derrmc is offline  
Old 10-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,247
Default

yep, thats how it should look If he used to have dial up and then went to cable but still has his old dialup info, it will want to install all that stuff again.
__________________
If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
killians45 is offline  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
yep, thats how it should look If he used to have dial up and then went to cable but still has his old dialup info, it will want to install all that stuff again.
Thank's killians45, I've been busy-I'm sure you can guess why
__________________

derrmc is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.