Windows 95 setup "cannot read disk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aff1993

In Runtime
Hi,
I as you know am installing windows 95, well i have the floppy english version, due to a failing floppy drive i put all the files on my zip disk, i got to the part where it asks what type of install, like portable typical minimal or custom, well i tried all of them, and every time i do it comes up with a dialog saying "cannot read disk" and in the dialog it says, "cannot read setup from widnows 95 setup disk, please insert again or make sure the door is closed and click ok"
ive tried all of it, it is working because it got ti to do half way, and ive had this happen before with previous version, i have windows 3.11 installed but i also have dos, becuase windows 3.11 is playing up, ive seen other things saying i should format my hard drive and that will stop errors, but i am afraid if i delete c:windows it will do something bad to my computer, then when i try to install it it wont run ms-dos, becuase it would be deleted, i really really really need help,
so should i clear c:
or do you have another solution?

i also am adding it is the full version and it is meant for computers without windows, so should i wip my c:drive, or have you got a better solution?

well, i found out now hy it dos that, my zip disk is being closed by installer, becuase its external, when it searches for hardware after trying to look and it closes off all external ports, so im thinking putting all the files on my hdd and running it from there, what do ya think?

, well it cannot be closing off my external zip drive, because when i moved my other files to my hard drive, the same problem occured, well i give up, i am just gonna get a cheap secondhand external cd drive and use my burnt copy of windows 98!
THERES NO POINT, you guys wnt bther to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom