Windows 8 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like having multiple OS's to toggle between. It didn't help that going into the developer preview it didn't allow me to select a partition, it just overwrote everything I had had. From there on there was no way that Windows 8 was going to get better. Sure, it was my fault for not reading that it would do that. But at the same time no other version of an OS has been installed and not given me the option of selecting where I wanted to install it. Microsoft, we have a love hate relationship. I hate to love you. :(

Haha hate-love? I think you are being to hasty to say that it won't.get better. It very well could and has plenty of time to do it.

Yeah, I suppose it could happen. Microsoft generally keeps me at one end of the spectrum or the other. I hate them or I love them. I never just like them. We'll see how it plays out, lol.

I never really gave this much thought, but so many people have been saying this. A lot of users are feeling as though Microsoft has gotten into an "every other" rut.

ME - terrible
XP - home run
Vista - terrible
7 - home run

I suppose there is a bit of a pattern...

Both XP and 7 were revisions of previous OS's.

Windows 2k was 5.0 (decent)
Windows XP was 5.1 (awesome)
Windows Vista was 6.0 (decent)
Windows 7 was 6.1 (awesome)
Widnows 8 will be 7.0 (so far pretty bad)

It seems that when Microsoft makes a fairly major change to the OS the first version isn't all the spectacular but when the go back and revise it with the next version it's pretty good. For that reason alone I'll probably save my money and not buy Windows 8 because all I really use Windows for now is gaming, and I stick to UNIX based OS's for everything else.

Both XP and 7 were revisions of previous OS's.

Windows 2k was 5.0 (decent)
Windows XP was 5.1 (awesome)
Windows Vista was 6.0 (decent)
Windows 7 was 6.1 (awesome)
Widnows 8 will be 7.0 (so far pretty bad)

It seems that when Microsoft makes a fairly major change to the OS the first version isn't all the spectacular but when the go back and revise it with the next version it's pretty good. For that reason alone I'll probably save my money and not buy Windows 8 because all I really use Windows for now is gaming, and I stick to UNIX based OS's for everything else.

So you expect Windows 8 to be decent? Thats seems to be your pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom