Windows 8 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I absolutely hate it when schools do that. A computer for each student is already a waste of taxpayer dollars but doing it with Macs is like rubbing salt in the wound.

It's a private school... xD ik ik, don't gimme crap about it. The best part of it is playing tricks on the "tech" department. In 7th grade I got in trouble for getting passed their blocking system and torrenting stuff :p

It's a private school... xD ik ik, don't gimme crap about it. The best part of it is playing tricks on the "tech" department. In 7th grade I got in trouble for getting passed their blocking system and torrenting stuff :p

Ah, I have no issue with that. These days there are to many public schools trying to do the same thing while at the same time complaining about budget problems.

Schools around here will upgrade a lab of 40-50 machines maybe once every 3-5 years. They usually just keep the old machines around as long as possible, upgrading them with more RAM, or a newer HDD once in awhile. Eventually they upgrade them all at one time due to server upgrades and having enough in the IT budget to do such a thing.

Schools around here will upgrade a lab of 40-50 machines maybe once every 3-5 years. They usually just keep the old machines around as long as possible, upgrading them with more RAM, or a newer HDD once in awhile. Eventually they upgrade them all at one time due to server upgrades and having enough in the IT budget to do such a thing.

That's pretty much what most schools in this area do as well. At some point, you need to upgrade, but traditionally I've had a hard time of letting go of systems as long as they work. To use an old computer as an LTSP client requires so little processing power and they absolutely fly. I've seen Pentium 3 systems running Linux Terminal Services fly faster than 2nd Gen Core 2 Duo's on XP Pro on 4gb of RAM.

That's pretty much what most schools in this area do as well. At some point, you need to upgrade, but traditionally I've had a hard time of letting go of systems as long as they work. To use an old computer as an LTSP client requires so little processing power and they absolutely fly. I've seen Pentium 3 systems running Linux Terminal Services fly faster than 2nd Gen Core 2 Duo's on XP Pro on 4gb of RAM.

Pretty sure the public schools in this area barely have computers. We have like near the worst public school system in the state.

Welcome to the reality show. At my High School, we have computers galore, but they are all P IIIs. All the macs are those all-in-ones, with that bluish transparent look on the back.

I know some of our private schools have the latest stuff. One just started using tablets in place of big books.

Yeah. Theres a small private school that uses ipads here, but they arent very good of a school. Anyone read enders.game? I want those desks ...

I read a few of the Ender Saga. Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Xeonocide, Shadow of the Hegemon.

I want to post a message as God. :p

Ender's Game was epic. I want to play the game with the giant. On the subject of Windows 8, I refuse to use it. Every time I clicked start and expected that start menu that I know and love it shot me over to that metro ui screen that made me want to break my computer. Chaos. That's what it felt like. Absolute chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom