Windows 8 - New Features cio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the interface is wierd.... too geared to touch devices to me. it would look funny in my office LOL. that style doesn't mesh with me or everyone. only certain people.

+1 remixedcat, it is weird and i cant imagine myself using it.
And now that i went to linux, im learning much more and i am not looking back
Still nice to see whats comin in windows tho

yep and it's cheap looking. the graphics remind me of wal-mart in store signage.

Yet you can recall and remember exactly what the signs look like. You remember the name and the place you saw them. Very effective if you can recall all of that just from a single image. Guess they did their job right cause you have that company on your mind when you see such things. Best for of advertising right there. You jsut proved why that company has topped $400 Billion in revenue this past year.

It is simple cause the exact opposite was said of the Aero based themes. People complained cause they were over complicated, required to much hardware to run, slowed down older machines and so on. Now they go with something that is simplistic and can run on anything including a netbook without extra hardware and people still complain. Imagine that...

They are using the same style across all of their platforms. Just like Walmart. Their phones, OS and soon XBOX are all going to be clones so every time you see it, you think of Microsoft and their products. Much like Apple has done with the iPod's, iPad's and iPhone's. I dont hear any complaints about those devices...

just becuase it's memorable doesn't mean it's good. walmart is negatively perceived. They are known as cheap, bad employers, and corrupt. would MS want to be associated with that kinda image? nope.

it just feels shallow. a shallow interface made for shallow "consumers" is what that metro concept looks like. nothing to give it depth

also everyone remembers windows me.....

just becuase it's memorable doesn't mean it's good. walmart is negatively perceived. They are known as cheap, bad employers, and corrupt. would MS want to be associated with that kinda image? nope.

it just feels shallow. a shallow interface made for shallow "consumers" is what that metro concept looks like. nothing to give it depth

Walmart is only negatively perceived cause people listen and believe what they want to hear. You are a perfect example of this cause you just gave a blanket statement without any truth behind it. I have worked for them for almost 10 years combined and my wife has been with them for 11 years. They have allowed us to make a great life. Yeah they are so bad. Try to actually work for them before you believe the crap you read.

It doesnt matter if you think it is good or not. You still remember it. That is all that counts. This will help people to remember Microsoft products.

Plus your wrong about your ME comment. I bet you over half of the people on this site alone dont even know of ME cause they started using PC's with XP and only heard rumors of it.

ummm I have two family members that worked at wal-mart and have 4 friends that work there. they all hate/hated it. plus there's way better places to shop.

the interface that metro has is more suited for kiosks then power desktop users... looks more suited for a phone then a desktop OS.

I don't want to feel like i'm using a big babied down phone when I use my desktop pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom