Windows 8

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Someone mentioned to me recently that if I load a Win8 OS onto a hard drive..eventually typing in the product key..that that is basically it for that licensed copy of the software.

I have two computers at home..that for argument sake at the moment..do not have operating systems. Am I not able to simply use the same Win8 OS disk..and load that OS onto another hard drive? Does something magically happen to the operating system software where once it is first installed..that's it for that copy of the software?

Thanks for your response
Bye
SC

You can use the disc, just as long as you have a different serial (or license key) for it.

You cannot install a single copy of Windows on multiple systems, unless you have a corporate/enterprise key.

That's right. If you want to install Win 8 on different discs you need to get various copies of it.

There is a work around that allows you to use the disk on another pc and install the license key after the installation of the o.s., But you still need a valid license key and Microsoft is not going to let you validate with the same key twice

Back
Top Bottom