Windows 8.2/9

JamesN

Solid State Member
Hey all!

Didn't see any thread on this so decided to start one!
Rumors appear to be circulating that Microsoft are about to announce Windows 8.2/9 (whatever they're going to call it) release date and new features and the likes! Windows 8 was a disaster like every 2nd OS they release! Seemly the start menu is here to stay this time!

What are y'all thinking? :p

That's what I've heard as well (in regards to the Start Menu coming back).

I like Win8. Both my fiance and I are using it as our primary systems. If I didn't have so much setup on my server already (running Windows Server 2008 R2), I'd switch it over to Server 2012.

Yeah sounds interesting! And something called "windows cloud" also?
I found it very hard to use and not user-friendly! Yeah I'd say the moving would be a pain alright!

It's going to be 8.1 with DX12 and a start menu basically and called 9. That seems to be the overall gist of things. Release will more than likely be April 2015.

They're also bringing Windowed-apps (forgot about that until just now).

WIll most likely call it 9 to distance itself from Win8 since people had a negative view on it because it was missing the Start Menu.

Wow, I could have SWORN people was PRAISING that trash OS for being so revolutionary... sorry, it was another ME/Vista.

In all honesty, M$ has no permission in my home anymore after the crap they pulled with Win8. Way too insecure IMO. Cloud crap can just GTFO.

Last edited:
MS need to make sure people don't associate it with the disaster that was W8! When I bought a laptop I didn't want a bloomin tablet, that tile system is brutal to say the least and pops up unexpectedly most of the time!

Back
Top Bottom