Windows 8.1 start button

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Getting used to 8 and liking most of it so far, However no matter how much I use it I just liked the button on the bottom left of the screen to shut down and reboot, I know there are add on programs to add that in but so many of them, which one do you like and what option does it offer. Links to it would also be good because I'll be adding it soon.

Dauntae

I use Startisback but you have that, Start8, and Classic shell which appear to be the most popular. They all basically provide the same functionality.

Start8 (what I use)
StartIsBack
ClassicShell
Pokki
Ex7For8 (requires files from a Win7 install or disc)

Huh? The Start button in Win 8.1 IS used for shutdown and reboot. Right-click on it and a menu pops up with Shutdown 2nd from the bottom. No need for an addon for that.

I went with startisback, Find it nice to click and everything is right there so close without having to scroll across the screen LOL Thanks for the suggestions, Loving 8.1 now just cant wait for my ram to come in and my second GTX470 to SLI

I have slowly gotten used to windows 8.1 start button, but I did start off with classic shell installed, you can customise it how you want it (change the appearance back to 98, XP or Windows 7 format), you can also change the start button and contents such as choosing what you want in the side panel for the win 7 appearance (documents, videos, libraries). The power options are added too

With this installed you can also use it to boot to desktop (if you have 8 installed and not 8.1) if you do not like the ModernUI.

If you want to call it quits with windows 8 and want to replicate windows 7 (as one of my friends did for some strange reason) you can also disable the charms bar and also interactive corners so you boot to desktop and have no association with the modernUI

Google 'classic shell' and their main page shows some screenshots which can help

Classic Shell is my favourite. Its basically identical to the Windows 7 start menu which is all I really wanted. I've seen much fancier ones than that though.

I've installed Start 8 on several laptops for people now. They tell me the metro screen is too annoying, They seem to like the Start 8 features.

Back
Top Bottom