Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro with update good for gaming?

luke127

The Ghost
Hey guys, I've read many stories about this OS from microsoft dreamspark (I'm a student and can get this for free) being OK to use for a regular desktop OS, however I'm worried about the driver issues I've been hearing about. Mainly the normal drivers from nVidia / AMD not working with this OS. Can anyone elaborate on what I should do? $109 is a fair amount of money for me at the moment haha

Hey guys, I've read many stories about this OS from microsoft dreamspark (I'm a student and can get this for free) being OK to use for a regular desktop OS, however I'm worried about the driver issues I've been hearing about. Mainly the normal drivers from nVidia / AMD not working with this OS. Can anyone elaborate on what I should do? $109 is a fair amount of money for me at the moment haha

From what I can tell, you should be able to run it as a normal desktop OS.

It's the same as Win 8.1 Pro, with Embedded features preinstalled.

I don't want to spend $119 if I don't have to, but I also don't want to have to deal with more issues than need be. I guess I can try. Wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the windows 8 pro copy on hand just in case though right?

Like I said, from what I can tell from what other people were saying, it's a normal copy of Win8.1 Pro, but with add-ons preinstalled for embedded applications. May need to just either ignore those, uninstall 'em, or disable 'em. People were saying they were running it just fine, though.

Alright I'll get rid of the windows 8.1 from my purchase, and if this plan goes south I can always wipe and reinstall with retail windows 8.

Back
Top Bottom