windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2me

Baseband Member
Im building a new sys. and Im thinking about making a partition just for windows and thats all

this is because i am setting up a media pc with 500 gb is this a good idea and how big should i set up the windows partition

BTW im getting the 500 gb by raiding 2x 250gb together

don't raid them that increases your chance for failure.
1 30 gig XP partion, 1 220 gig my documents folder partition and 1 250 gig Video parttition

EricB said:
don't raid them that increases your chance for failure.
1 30 gig XP partion, 1 220 gig my documents folder partition and 1 250 gig Video parttition

do you mean to say that raid 0 can cause a hd to fail

i did not know this

Both drives fail at the same time, but mechanical failure are usually the fault of one drive and not both. Only file system errors carry through both streams. I've had an array fail a while back with those crappya55 maxtor drives. 1 had a mechanical problem and I had to recover using array building software. Winternals does a good job.......Its a hassle but recovery from raid drives is not impossible......

By the way....that was the last time I was a customer of the maxtor corporation.

read up on raid. they can explain it better than I can. they explain the whole process and how it make drives fails. that's 50 percent increase trade off for 50 percent pecrent chance of failing. everybody I know with raid have had issue issues with failing hdd's.

I'm not a great explainer or typer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom