Windows 7 X64 Memory Corruption Vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Though you guys should know about this security vulnerability.

There is a bug found in Windows 7 64 bit that causes a blue screen. When Safari is loaded on Windows 7 and a web site is browsed to with an HTML IFRAME tag with a very large height attribute a blue screen is gotten. The worry is this vulnerability could be used to execute kernel level attacks on computers or do other malicious attacks. Microsoft is looking into patching the issue before more exploits are made a result of this bug.

A simple HTML tag will crash 64-bit Windows 7 ? The Register

This reminds me of a Steve Jobs Quote "Putting iTunes on a Windows computer is like giving a glass of ice water to someone in hell. "

According to the article Microsoft is going to patch the issue. Why would they patch the issue if it was a browser issue?

Why do no other browsers cause the issue? Microsoft is actually going out of there way to fix an issue cause by a piece of software.

According to the article Microsoft is going to patch the issue. Why would they patch the issue if it was a browser issue?

First and foremost, consider the source. The Register is not a good source of information. They have released more bad information regarding Microsoft than anyone else out there. They are almost as bad as TheHotFix that claimed to have XP SP3 long before it was ever released.

The flaw ONLY works in Apple Safari's web browser. That means it is specific to that browser. If the iframe flaw was a major issue, then it would able to be executed by more than 1 browser.

The simple fact that Microsoft is trying to introduce a fix is simple. Apple will do NOTHING to patch Safari for Windows. Apple only ports their stuff from OS X over to Windows and that is after the updates have been released on their native OS. So since there is no flaw with this using OS X, then Apple will do nothing to fix it and just advise people to stay away from the offending iframe's. I mean seriously you think that Apple cares? This is the same company that said explicitly that there was no flaws in OS X, even after the Macware found. They claimed it was not the OS at fault even after 80% of their users fell victim to the scam. Only after they introduced a fix did they finally admit that there was a problem but a fix was already available. Apple is never proactive, they are reactive.

Sorry but your are completely blaming the wrong thing on this as is The Register. Yet again showing how they know absolutely nothing about how the OS itself actually works or the software that runs on it.

Funny I run Win7 64 Bit and have had used iframe's for a long time. Yet cause I dont run that 1 price of software that causes the crashes, I have never experienced the crash. So tell me, if this truly is a Windows flaw, then why is it I never have gotten a crash with iframe's using every other browser, but those that specifically use Apple Safari experience it? It doesnt sound so much like a Windows flaw when you actually step outside of the box and think. The Register is just spinning it to get website hits. Nothing more, nothing less. Junk site causing a ruckus for no reason. Any reasonable person knows to stay away from junk sources such as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom