Windows 7 will not run after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
Hi, my computer has lately been shutting itself off randomly and disabling the RAID array by itself. This would cause me to to have to unplug one of the RAIDed hard drives, plug it back in, then redefine the array to get back into windows. This has started happening more frequently (about every 4 hours) so I decided to back up what I needed and start over. I say this because it may or may not be related to the problem I am having now.

I installed windows 7 64 bit on a newly formatted and defined RAID 0 array, the same way it was before, using my motherboard disc to install the RAID drivers before setup would find my array. It installed windows successfully and I started downloading my other drivers off Ie. Windows Update installed some updates and I restarted the computer only for it to "hang" at a blank black screen right before the login. It would make the intro sound, but nothing would show on the screen. I booted into safe mode and noticed that it was hung up on the RAID driver I installed from my disc. So I reinstalled and updated the RAID driver first from the internet. Same thing happened over 4 times trying with all hard drives plugged in, unplugged, etc.

Last time I tried I have plugged in a separate hard drive I had laying around, unplugged all other hard drives, switched to my 32 bit disc of windows 7, and have no RAID array. The exact same thing happened, except the blank screen has a cursor on it and safe mode works fine.

What is causing my computer to not boot windows at all even with two completely different configurations? I've been working on this for 10 hours now and cannot get past the "pre-login".

That is what I was leaning towards, but I did try them separately. Both RAID drives and then a spare I had around, unless I'm just unlucky and have three failing drives. If it is the controller what should I do? is a new motherboard in the question?

Well I may just be needing a hard drive. I feel really stupid for not thinking of this but I had two monitors plugged in during install and the login sound would work but nothing would show on the screen so it was probably using the tv as primary display. However the RAID array still failed and rebooted before the login screen. So I may not have as big a problem as it could have been. I just wasted a lot of time when I could have just unplugged a cable and had 32 bit non RAID working, which is better than none. Thanks guys for all the fast input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom