Windows 7 Updates just hanging....

nelsonn69

Beta member
Hello there, Ive installed 'Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) on a notebook namely (Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 64 Bit) ... Installation went smooth, no errors...activation fine...yet I try to do Windows updates and nothing happens, it just searches endlessly....hope someone can shed some light on this :confused: Thanks Lee

Hello there, Ive installed 'Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) on a notebook namely (Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 64 Bit) ... Installation went smooth, no errors...activation fine...yet I try to do Windows updates and nothing happens, it just searches endlessly....hope someone can shed some light on this :confused: Thanks Lee

A new install will have around 350+ updates. so it can take a good few hours to find them depending on your internet speeds and windows servers.

A new install will have around 350+ updates. so it can take a good few hours to find them depending on your internet speeds and windows servers.
firstly hello, thank for replying, I've let the updates run for hours to no avail, how long would you say I should let it run before cause for concern, lee:)

firstly hello, thank for replying, I've let the updates run for hours to no avail, how long would you say I should let it run before cause for concern, lee:)

I normally wait 2-3hours.. MAX.

It could of stalled, if thats the case, youll need to do another search.

Whats your internet speeds?

It actually shouldn't take too long to find updates regardless of a fresh install. Usually what I do is if it sits there for a bit I'll reboot the machine and do it again.

I had to update windows at work last week - usually have the updates off due to hassles with older software I use - so I had months of updates to download and install. I had to leave for the night because it was sooo slow. The next morning the updates were downloaded and ready to install which took an additional hour. There is a windows update problem FIX-It tool you can download and t will scan to make sure your updater is working properly . Apparently, many peoples updates are not working properly. I looked it up and found it- but also read on the Microsoft forums that Win 7 updates are definitely slowed down as MS is pushing Win10 - I don't know if that is true or not.

Also, if your install isn't on SP1 from the disc... just go download the SP1 installer which will take care of a good amount of updates. Then you'll just have the mass # of updates left after SP1.

I've also head that some updates after a clean install can exceed 8 hrs to download and install.
From -- your favorite tinfoil hatter

I've also head that some updates after a clean install can exceed 8 hrs to download and install.
From -- your favorite tinfoil hatter

Its true, like i said there is alot of updates. and depending on windows servers and internet speed (bandwidth blah blah) it can take ages. anyone who says they get them within 1hour is BS lol

Its true, like i said there is alot of updates. and depending on windows servers and internet speed (bandwidth blah blah) it can take ages. anyone who says they get them within 1hour is BS lol
yup.... We're both aware of that. There does exist a third party program that will speed up the updates but I can't post because it's probably not legal

Back
Top Bottom