Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Product key question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Is it possible for me to have my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit retail deactivated so I can fully use windows 7 64bit ?
I am getting ready to increase my ram passed 4gb come monday afternoon, when I bought my key from MS and the DVD they sent me, they said it can be used for 32bit and 64bit but one license had to be used for the time being on a single pc.

i wouldn't worry about having the key deactivated. it sounds like the key will work for both 32bit and 64bit installation dvds.

Is your proc 64 bit?

Retail, you can use it on one machine at a given time. 32 and 64 can use the same serial. Just as long as it is the same 7 version (professional, ultimate, etc)

@Office politics Yeah my Phenom II 1055 is 64bit ready, and yes when Microsoft mailed me my product key I had asked for they included a Black retail windows 7 ultimate disc that said 32bit and 64bit.

@Mom yes I know that, I just wanted to make sure if I needed to call MS and have them deactivate my key when getting ready to go 64bit next week.

Thanks for your help and I'll start the process this weekend, I have alot of data to move to my emercency hdd in my pc.

No, you don't have to deactivate the 32bit. Just reinstall the OS, but with a 64bit disc instead of a 32bit one this time. I've done it before, and I didn't have to call to reactivate or anything.

No, you don't have to deactivate the 32bit. Just reinstall the OS, but with a 64bit disc instead of a 32bit one this time. I've done it before, and I didn't have to call to reactivate or anything.
Correct :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom