Windows 7 Ultimate CD key from Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New egg has OEM copies at VERY reasonable prices.

With the OEM's you can only put them on once PC right? Can you reinstall on the same hardware or what happens if you replace the MOBO or CPU?

If so how do they prevent you from installing it on a different PC if you upgrade or buy a new system and can you get around that restriction in any way?

With the OEM's you can only put them on once PC right? Can you reinstall on the same hardware or what happens if you replace the MOBO or CPU?

If so how do they prevent you from installing it on a different PC if you upgrade or buy a new system and can you get around that restriction in any way?

You can install it as many times as you like *BUT* you can ONLY have it installed on ONE computer at a time

I think the retail versions let you install it on up to 3 computers at a time or something like that :\

Sorry Waffle you are close but not quite there. OEM is tied to that machine. Period. No reinstalls if you change hardware, no removing it from that machine and installing it on another. It stays with the mother board and dies with it. That is the true OEM EULA agreement.

Only Retail can you transfer it. They way they prevent you from using it again, it wont activate and you have to call them and explain to them why. While you can lie, you are technically using the software illegally at that point.

Sorry Waffle you are close but not quite there. OEM is tied to that machine. Period. No reinstalls if you change hardware, no removing it from that machine and installing it on another. It stays with the mother board and dies with it. That is the true OEM EULA agreement.

Only Retail can you transfer it. They way they prevent you from using it again, it wont activate and you have to call them and explain to them why. While you can lie, you are technically using the software illegally at that point.

Really? I never knew that. Thanks for the info..... Everytime I've had to call it was just an automated message that gives me some random numbers/letters after pressing a few buttons.

Really? I never knew that. Thanks for the info..... Everytime I've had to call it was just an automated message that gives me some random numbers/letters after pressing a few buttons.
Actually that is one thing that most people dont know/realize. They just use the phone method and dont think that it is actually in violation. :devil::tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom