Windows 7 Startup failure, Startup Repair says "Bad Driver"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
First off, this is my first post here in quite some time! Good to be back on here.

Now for the problem. I have a custom built machine (one I built when I was on here last probably), and I got a new hard drive because my old one died. I installed Windows 7 on this new hard drive and every so often the computer fails to load Windows. I'd say every 1 out of 4 boots, it fails at startup. It gets to the screen saying "Starting Windows" with the glowing orbs that form the Windows logo, sits there for a while, then reboots and asks me to launch startup repair or to try and load Windows normally.

So I ran startup repair and go the following results:
269481_10150320533679924_672839923_9518746_3261351_n.jpg

I am guessing, though I haven't tried it yet, that a new firmware for the hard drive could fix this issue? Or perhaps the driver is related to other motherboard features/chipset? Could it be a different failed driver other than the HDD, such as the video card or LAN or USB that is causing the conflict?

Any heads up would be great!

See if there is anything in %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP file. I know these aren't blue crash screens but i'd like to see if it's dumping anything there.

Great to see you back.

I will reply tonight once I have gotten a chance to take a look at the system again. I have no external media plugged into the system as of right now. I on occasion will have an external hard drive connected. But the only thing I have plugged in when I was testing this issue was the wireless mouse/keyboard USB dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom