Windows 7 SP1 Update - Error: 0x800f0a12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
Like the title says..

Running Windows 7 on one hard drive and Ubuntu 10.10 on the other. 2 drives total

Anyone have this problem? or a fix for the problem?

Thanks

Thanks, the things listed in the OP of that link all did not work. now i am trying to see if any of the peoples suggestions under the Comments work.

I didn't read everything in the link, but I do know that if you install windows 7 with two hard drives, windows will often put the boot file/system reserved file on the second drive, and if your running a *nix distro on the second drive, that might cause some issues for you.

I found some info (not sure if I'm allowed to quote from another site) -
" The more common (and still rare) outcome is an SP1 installation that fails to complete, leaving the system unchanged and still usable. This happened to one of my readers, who noted that she received error 0×800f0826 at the end of the installation process. A quick search of the TechNet forums finds other reports of this specific error, which has been associated with Vista service packs as well. This error reportedly occurs on some systems where the third-party DriverSweeper utility has been used. If you encounter this issue you might be able to fix it by running the System Update Readiness Tool and then reattempting the SP1 installation. According to Microsoft, this tool is automatically offered to machines where the Service Pack installer detects inconsistencies such as store corruption."
Should you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1? | ZDNet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom