Windows 7 Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Steve Ballmer announced to at the Microsoft Partner Conference that Microsoft is working on a Windows 7 slate that is going to compete with the Ipad. It's going to be an innovated device that is going to fix the corporate enterprise solution.

Steve Ballmer says Microsoft is ‘hardcore' about tablet computers

I personally think that Microsoft will defiantly put out a good tablet they know what people want and they will defiantly do a good job. But this is not really innovative. Apple was the one who took the risk putting out the Ipad. Microsoft is just going to not make the same mistakes that Apple made and use existing marketing knowledge. They are pretty much copying and remaking an existing product in the Microsoft image.

I think the microsoft one will win over apple in the buisness/server industry. Mostly because it would be more handy than a tablet PC when going around doing every day chores compared to having an apple product in a windows or *nix based network.

I'm glad that we will be seeing more Windows 7 tablets however I still feel that Microsoft may have made a mistake killing Courier. If they had released a version of it that was half as good as the concept they could have easily taken over the casual user market in addition to competing in the IT/ power user market with 7 based systems.

I actually know a lot of people that owned a Zune, and still use them they was quite popular in my area because of the cost compared to an Ipod.

I actually know a lot of people that owned a Zune, and still use them they was quite popular in my area because of the cost compared to an Ipod.

Oh don't get me wrong I've owned 4 and I loved them. The one I use the most is my old 1st gen 30g and I've converted all my friends to Zune. Just Microsoft doesn't put things out quite like apple it's hard to explain or understand.

So Microsoft is releasing a tablet. Good. At least with the Windows one you might have the chance to install Flash and actually use it for things on the internet. Unlke the iPad which you cant use any flash based websites. So at least with the Slate you might be able to actually use sites like YouTube and Facebook since they wont be jumping off of Flash. YouTube already announced that they are not going to go full HTML5 and embed videos using that. So you will still need Flash.

Huzzah!

adding to the Zune comments...I had a gen1 30GB, and now have a 32gig Zune HD, and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom